Eugene J. Perrotta.
Mr. Perrotta is a former police officer who rose through the ranks of the Union Township Police Department, retiring from the Department as the Captain of Detectives in 2000. While an active full-time police officer, Mr. Perrotta attended Rutgers Law School and obtained his law degree. He served in a leadership position in the Union Policeman's Superior Officer Association throughout his police career, and in that capacity successfully represented many police officers charged with disciplinary violations, and also represented the PBA and the Superior Officers Association in their contract negotiations.
Today, Mr. Perrotta has translated his background as an experienced detective (and the contacts he obtained over his 25-year police career) to the area of criminal defense. As a result, he is uniquely positioned to advise and represent criminal defendants, and frequently is able to achieve significantly favorable negotiated resolutions.
Mr. Perrotta also heads up the firm's real estate practice. He is responsible for closing over 250 real estate transactions a year, including purchases, sales, and re-financings. He is noted for his hands-on "user-friendly" approach, and is always available to answer his clients' inquiries, recognizing that, for most people, the purchase of a home is the largest financial transaction that they will ever have, and that they should have an attorney who not only represents with the highest degree of professionalism, but also one who can make them comfortable and at ease throughout the transaction.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Criminal Defense
- Police Disciplinary Matters
- New Jersey, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1991
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1991
- Kean University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Union Policeman's Superior Officer Association, Leadership Position
- New Jersey State Policeman's Benevolent Association, Member
- Township of Union Police Superior Officers Association, Officer
- Garwood Board of Education, Member and President, 1989 to 1998
Past Employment Positions
- Union Township Police Department, Captain of Detectives